Hazelnut Melting Moments
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C ).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Stir in the flour and ground hazelnuts with a large spoon.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on an unprepared cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the center of each ball with your finger. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave. Stir chips until smooth. When cookies come out of the oven, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the indentation. When cookies are completely cool, dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar.